Wednesday, November 5, 2008

contemplation.

well, i'm breaking my own goal today and not posting new pictures. instead, i'm contemplating the next four years in this country. i'm not all that impressed with our future president. not because i'm racist. because i'm human.

i'm disappointed that the youth of this country is even more bandwagon than world series-bound red sox fans. if you say you don't like obama, people think you're racist. if you like john mccain, they look at you like you have three heads. well, its a good thing my head is cute, because apparently i have extras.

as an employee of a small (think teenytiny) family-owned business, i fear for my job. taxes on businessowners are going to eviscerate those of us who work in the community, for the community, and with the community. i dont work at starbucks for a reason. maybe now i'll have to. it makes me sad for my future. i've always wanted my own business, my own coffee shop. i wonder if it will ever happen, looking into all of the ridiculous hoops i'll have to jump through.

i will continue to support my country, although for at least the next four years, i will not have a president. i will have "that guy" in the wrong washington. i voted for an american hero. if it were not for said american hero, "that guy" would not have had the freedom to run for the position of leader of the free world. in closing, i would like to say, when america is in deeper trouble than we are now, don't come crying to me; i didn't vote for him.

No comments: