Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas.

tomorrow is the first christmas in 24 christmases that i won't be waking up to open presents with my brother and sister, laughing at my dad's attempt at still trying to fool us with a wrong-handed santa note. it makes me sad, but it also makes me happy to be growing up and starting my own christmas mornings.

our running around starts tonight...we're trying to spend time with both sides of both of our families, which is going to leave us exhausted, but hopefully it will be as stress-free as possible. tonight is with my dad's family, then his mom's afterwards. tomorrow morning, we're going to wake up early(ish), have coffee, and exhange gifts with each other. then its off to his parents' for breakfast, followed by grandma sue's, and then back to offut lake for dinner.

i need the snow to stop. its killing my christmas spirit. actually, its not doing much for any kind of spirit i should have, holiday or otherwise. i hate being stuck having to depend on other people for everything. i'm an independent girl and i just want to drive to the grocery store by myself.

please enjoy my note to santa from a few years ago... i really enjoyed waking up to see that someone had eaten most of the banana, part of the orange, and took a good bite out of the raw potato...
merry christmas
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I hope you had a great Christmas Megs!

Love,
Cassie