Friday, January 13, 2012

Reuse your 6-pack bottle holder!

Not that I don't love Christmas, but I'm pretty glad to be back to "regular" life because thanks to pinterest, I've got a boatload of non-Christmas crafts I want to make!! I started with an organizational caddy for the desktop in my craft room. I had cute little buckets and baby food jars full of pens and paintbrushes and the like. But they kept falling over and didn't want to stay where I put them. Boy, did I sure show them who's the boss.

caddy4

I covered my caddy in adorable zebra duct tape (which made it sturdier!) and filled it to my little heart’s content.

If you’re wondering what’s containing my desktop paraphernalia, it’s a soda can!

caddy3

My brother showed me how to remove the top of a soda can with a can opener and then looked at me like an idiot when I thought it was the coolest thing in the world! (Am I the only one who was unaware of this phenomena?) There were very few little sharp pieces (like where I started to remove the top), which I flattened with pliers.

I’m so thrilled with my new caddy, I’m making more! Guess that means I need to drink some more Henry’s. What a shame.

xo,

Megs

No comments: